Roddenberry Dive Team & X-Ray Magazine
April 28 — May 8, 2014
WHAT: RDT & X-Ray Magazine Fijian Adventure
WHEN: April 28 – May 8, 2013
WHERE: Volivoli Beach Resort in Rakiraki, Fiji
COST: $3,399 per person based on double occupancy (round trip airfare included from LAX – Nadi, Fiji)
NOTE: 8 night trip (10 days including travel time). Divers and non-divers welcome!
ONLY A FEW SPACES REMAINING!
Join Rod Roddenberry, the Roddenberry Dive Team, and X-Ray Magazine for an 8 night tropical escape to Volivoli Beach Resort. We will explore some of Fiji’s most famous and exhilarating dive sites in Fiji’s Bligh Waters and the famous Vatu-I-Ra Passage. Divers will see first hand why Fiji is known as the “soft coral capital” of the world!
Professional photographer and X-Ray Magazine’s contributing photographer and editor Matthew Meier will also be on hand offering underwater photo workshops and image critiques to help improve your underwater photos.
Divers will have the option of adding a day trip to Beqa Lagoon for their world famous shark dive (at an additional cost).
This wonderfully relaxed and remote beach resort is located in a truly unspoiled and spectacular corner of Fiji. The white sandy beaches, turquoise water, mangroves and coral reefs are just waiting to be explored. Divers and non-divers will enjoy this coastal escape with the perfect blend of relaxation, water sports, cultural activities, village tours, spa appointments and sunbathing on the beach and by the pool.
ABOUT THIS TRIP
Trip escorted by Jennifer Black with the Roddenberry Dive Team & Matthew Meier with X-Ray Magazine.
Special RDT & X-Ray Magazine trip activities include:
• Diving with Rod Roddenberry
• Star Trek movie screenings
• One day of exploratory dive sites
• Sci-fi trivia contest(s)
• Underwater photography workshops and photo critiques
• And more…
Trip Package Includes:
• Round trip international flights originating from and returning to Los Angeles International Airport/LAX
• Land transfers to and from Nadi Airport and Volivoli resort
• 8 nights at Volivoli Beach Resort in a hillside, ocean view Vale Balavu twin share room with 2 queen beds
• 3 meals a day. NOTE: Some special dinner dishes are available for a few dollars more than what you've paid in your meal package
• Water, tea, coffee all day. Juice and milk at breakfast only. One bottle of Fiji Water replenished daily in your room refrigerator (beer, wine, cocktails soda, and juice are NOT included)
• Five days of boat diving (4 days of 2-tank boat dives and one day 3-tank dive. One day is of exploratory dive sites). Tanks and weights
• Use of kayaks and snorkeling around the resort
• Guided ½ day cultural village tour and waterfall hike
• Unlimited shore diving
• Traditional Lovo Feast and Kava Ceremony
• One 30 minute massage
• Resort taxes
The Package does NOT Include:
• You are responsible for reserving and paying for transportation, parking and LAX domestic connecting flights if you fly or drive to and from LAX
• Transit meals on travel days at LAX and Nadi airports
• Personal expenses at Volivoli Beach Resort/Ra Divers, including but not limited to drinks, bar snacks, telephone, etc.
• Drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic not specifically listed in the package "Includes" list
• Wi-Fi service
• Sightseeing and additional village and cultural tours
• Fishing charters
• Nitrox (if available)
• Rental dive gear
• Additional dives
• Additional spa services
• Beqa Lagoon Shark Dive Excursion Day
Participants will have the opportunity to do an optional day trip across the island over the Kings Highway through the interior highlands of Viti Levu to Pacific Harbor for the exhilarating Beqa Lagoon Shark Dive. This special dive adventure includes a 2-tank shark dive, lunch and transport cost estimated at an additional cost of $320 per person. Truly an experience not to be missed!
TRIP PAYMENT DEADLINES
8 night land-based dive package including round trip international air from LAX – Nadi = $3,399 per person, double occupancy (+ Possible fee for transfer to and from resort to Nadi Airport should group # fall below 10 passengers).
Please contact us for the discounted rate for non-divers and for the price to upgrade to private Studio Vale villa (subject to availability at time of request per person double occupancy).
• At time of booking — $500 non-refundable deposit due to reserve your spot(s).
• February 5, 2014 — 1/3 of trip total payment must be on receipt to continue to hold your space(s).
• March 17, 2014 — Final balance due for all trip participants.
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT INFORMATION FIJI AIRWAYS
Outbound - Monday, April 28, 2014
Depart Los Angeles International Airport/LAX at 10:30pm
Arrive Nadi Airport, Fiji at 530am on Tuesday morning April 30th
Return - Thursday, May 8, 2014
Depart Nadi Airport, Fiji at 9:40pm
Arrive LAX same day at 1:25pm
Exact flight details will be sent to registered trip guests.
Each passenger is allowed one 50lb checked bag and one 15lb carryon plus a personal item, such as a purse or computer. If the bag is between 50lbs and 66lbs there is a $50 fee. No one bag can exceed 66lbs. A second bag up to 50lbs is $120 each way.
There is an option to purchase a Sport Pack Voucher for $105 round-trip that allows a second bag up to 50lbs round trip. This must be paid for by check at least one week prior to departure. A voucher will be issued to you at the airport to present at check-in with Fiji Airways. If you are interested in purchasing the Sport Pack Voucher, please notify us.
NOTE: You are responsible for you own transportation to and from LAX. The Roddenberry Dive Team & X-Ray Magazine Fiji trip begins and ends at LAX. If you are booking connecting flights, it is recommended that you allow at least 4 hours layover in LAX between flights.
1. Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your expected trip return date.
2. Trip Release of Liability Waiver Requirement: Every registered guest will receive a TRIP WAIVER that must be completed prior to the trip.
3. Dive Accident Insurance: Every diver on this trip is required to have Diver Accident Insurance coverage for an out-of- the- country accident including medical flight evacuation costs through Divers Alert Network or other dive accident insurance agency.
4. Trip Insurance: We strongly recommend that you purchase additional trip cancellation and interruption coverage to help defray costs arising from unforeseen events. No one plans an emergency, but you can prepare for one. Carefully read any insurance policy before purchase to make sure it covers your specific needs. There are several companies that offer travel insurance, including Divers Alert Network and SquareMouth.
TERMS & CANCELLATION POLICY
The Roddenberry Dive Team and X-Ray Magazine act only as an organizer and expeditor of this trip for the sole purpose of offering a service to Roddenberry Dive Team members and X-Ray Magazine subscribers. We do not sell diver accident insurance or trip cancellation and interruption insurance. We are giving you information about insurance coverage as a service only. We are not a licensed travel agency. We solicit the assistance of licensed and reputable travel and insurance agents to assist us on your behalf.
• Attendance of special guests and celebrities is subject to change due to scheduling conflicts and professional obligations.
• If you must cancel, the $500 deposit is non-refundable. Incremental payments are non-refundable unless we are able to fill your vacated space at the full purchase price.
• If we are unable to fill your spot on the trip, all incremental money paid toward the trip will be forfeited.
• Should you fail to make incremental payments by the posted due dates, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and sell your spot to another person.
• No refunds of deposits made prior to non-payment of an incremental payment will be issued.
ABOUT VOLIVOLI RESORT
Volivoli Beach Resort is located on the northernmost tip of Viti Levu, Fiji's main island off the Kings Road in the village of Rakiraki. A 2 ½ - 3 hour scenic drive from Nadi International Airport through sugar cane fields, spectacular mountains, traditional villages, and thick tropical jungle.
The word ‘Volivoli’ means sand in the local dialect, and the beach was named after the sand spit which stretches 80 meters out to sea, providing a wonderful sunbathing spot and marking the most northerly point of Viti Levu.
With a perfect blend of white sandy beaches, mangroves and coral reefs, an exciting range of water sports, a sunny climate year round, and the friendly Fijian hospitality, Volivoli is the perfect place for relaxing beach holiday.
Participants will have the chance to sample Fijian culture at a traditional dancing and fire twirling performances, take part in a traditional lovo feast and Kava ceremony, enjoy a traditional local village.
Resort Amenities and Activities:
• World class diving
• Introductory diving
• Fishing charters
• Sunset cruises
• Cultural village tours
• Beach volleyball
• Relaxing by the pool or beach
• Swimming pool with pool bar
• Games room with pool table dart board and air hockey
• Onsite dive shop
• Bar and restaurant
• Gift Shop
• Spa services
ABOUT THE ROOMS
Vale Balavu (deluxe twin share hotel room) hillside room with amazing ocean views from a private terrace with outdoor seating. Two queen beds, double ceiling fans, AC, double writing desk, lockable drawer, large private bathroom with double vanities, toilet and shower, small refrigerator, electric kettle, tea, coffee, sugar, milk, water. Free use of hotel wing washing machine and clothes lines.
Upgrade to a private luxury ocean view villa. Studio Vale’s are beautifully appointed private split-level villas with one queen bed and private terraces with stunning ocean views. The living room features two couches, a full self contained kitchen with coffee/tea supplies, AC, two ceiling fans, fully mosquito screened, clothes washing machine, en-suite safe, and a large private bathroom with twin vanities, toilet, and shower. NOTE: Upgrades are an additional cost per person and are based on availability at time of request.
ABOUT DIVING THE BLIGHT WATERS
Divers will experience some of the best diving in Fiji while exploring the famous Bligh Waters and Vatu-I-Ra Passage renowned for some of the best soft coral diving in the world. Dive sites boast beautiful reefs encrusted in vibrant soft corals, healthy hard corals, giant clams, eels, nudibranchs, colorful fish, schools of barracuda, Spanish mackerel, trevally, shipjack and amberjack, and reef sharks roaming the bommies. Divers will see first hand why Fiji is known as the “soft coral capital” of the world!
There are ~ 40 dive sites within a 20 minute boat ride. Divers will also get to visit the Vatu-I-Ra passage which is about an 1 ½ boat ride away to dive some of Fiji’s most famous dive sites. Popular dive sites include the Wrecks of the Ovalau and the Papuan Explorer and dive sites E6, Mount Mutiny, G6, Mellow Yellow, Black Magic Mountain, Dream Maker, Neptune’s Wedding Chapel, Amazing Maze, Pinnacles, Breath Taker, Instant Reply and Golden Dreams to name a few.
We recommend that you have Advanced Dive Certification or are comfortable diving in strong currents for this dive adventure. Soft corals feed on drifting nutrients and many dives sites have strong currents, some dives are drift dives, and some dives are mellow current dives. Always be prepared for the unexpected!
We look forward to diving with you soon! If you have any questions regarding this trip, including non-diver and upgraded accommodation pricing contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reserve your space contact:
Roddenberry Dive Team